One of the last great blues artists in the rural tradition, John Lee Hooker was also one of the biggest stars the music had produced when he passed in 2001, and this documentary combines performance footage spanning 34 years with interview segments in which Hooker, members of his family, and some of the many musicians he influenced discuss his work. The material on John Lee Hooker: Come and See About Me has been transferred to disc in the full-frame aspect ratio of 1.33:1, and while the quality of the source material varies a great deal throughout the program, all of it is at least acceptable, with historical interest compensating for the flat black-and-white images of the earliest material. (It also becomes clear early on that, from a musical standpoint, the fewer accompanists Hooker had, the better his performances were, though Bonnie Raitt and Ry Cooder do well by the master in their segments, and Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones proves to be one of the few men whose rhythm is as indefatigable as Hooker's.) The audio is presented in two formats -- Dolby Digital Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 -- and the remixers did a good job of maintaining the feel of the original material. The songs and interviews are in English, with optional subtitles in Spanish and French. Of the bonus material, the most interesting item is an interview with Zakiya Hooker, Hooker's daughter, who offers some fascinating personal insights on her father. The other added attractions are a John Lee Hooker discography (hardly complete, but it does cover the most important material), two very brief clips from interviews with Hooker, and a less-than-stellar performance of {&"Boogie Chillen'" with guitarist Roy Rogers. This is a solid collection of material from a very important artist, though some fans may want to skip over a few of the "sitting in" bits from the '80s.

Features
•Insightful interview with daughter Zakiya Hooker on the private and personal life of John Lee Hooker
•Interview clip with John Lee Hooker
•Archive performance of Boogie Chillen
•Discography

Chapters
1. Introduction [1:17]
2. "Baby Please Don't Go" [3:52]
3. "Maudie" [3:30]
4. "Hobo Blues" [2:55]
5. "It Serves Me Right to Suffer" [4:40]
6. "Crawlin' Kingsnake" [4:18]
7. "The Boogie" [10:00]
8. "Never Get Out of These Blues Alive" [5:12]
9. "Worried Life Blues" [4:45]
10. "Too Many Women" [3:42]
11. "Boom Boom" [6:41]
12. "I'm Bad Like Jesse James" [4:14]
13. "I'm in the Mood." [4:50]
14. "Bottle Up and Go" [2:29]
15. "Tupelo Blues" [4:23]
16. "Hobo Blues" [4:29]
17. "The Healer" [4:13]
18. "Boogie Chillin'" [5:10]
19. "I Need Love So Bad" [2:45]
20. Credits [3:04]

John Lee Hooker - Come and See About Me.txt

o

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!