The Rolling Stones - Jamming With Edward (1972)

Resultados 1 al 3 de 3

Usuario
    Compartir en:
    Compartir en Facebook  Compartir en Twitter

Predeterminado [Ofrecido] The Rolling Stones - Jamming With Edward (1972)

The Rolling Stones - Jamming With Edward
    [img]NO.gif[/img]
    [img]NO.gif[/img]
    Artista: The Rolling Stones
    Album: The Rolling Stones - Jamming With Edward
    Año: 1972
    Calidad: MPC - CUE
    Covers: Todos
    Temas:

Esta disponible este album, con muy buena calidad de ripeo desde Alemania, es una jamm session con Nick Hopkins y Ry Cooder,ver review:

Reviewer: C. Glennon "Entertainment Guru" (Hell, New Jersey) -

On April 23rd, 1969, while waiting for Keith Richards to show up to the studio for the Let It Bleed sessions, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, and Ry Cooder jammed with "Edward", an alias of Nicky Hopkins'. Ian Stewart is present, in the engineering booth, and is heard commenting throughout the entire album.
    Now, should a Stones' fan buy this CD? Yes, because tracks 2-4 are classic. Track 1 kicked off the jams while working on "Midnight Rambler", track 5 is an annoying interlude, and track 6 is just plain dull.

. Edward's Thrump Up [A+]
    . It Hurts Me Too [A+]
    . Blow With Ry [A]
    . Boudoir Stomp [A-]
    . Highland Fling (B)
    Grade: A

Track 01: Boudoir Stomp
    Starting out with Mick playing around with Let It Bleed's "Midnight Rambler", "Boudoir Stomp" turns in to a completely different song with Nicky Hopkins' saloon piano playing. Even Mick has some fun with his harmonica at the mic, and after he mumbles something in the middle of the song, he really takes off. The song's "stomp" is essentially Ry Cooder's funky guitar picking, and when the song moves to shuffle at the end, this instrumental track shows how the Rolling Stones could still make a song like "2120 South Michigan Avenue" in 1969. Some talking with Ian Stewart is on this track, and the words "where the hell is Keith?" can be heard right when the music stops. This could be a song for cruising. A-

Track 02: It Hurts Me Too
    Cooder starts this Elmore James classic out the way James would have wanted it- with his signature guitar licks that sound like the sky is crying. Hopkins has no trouble playing gospel piano after the last track's boogie-woogie stint on "It Hurts Me Too". Jagger moans like he has a fresh bullet wound in his chest. The second verse, improvised by Jagger, has a line from Bob Dylan's "Pledging My Time", which infers what he was listening to at the time. Hopkins makes good on a nice solo that, combined with the stinging guitar, make the song an album standout. And I actually like Jagger's black accent in this song, and the fact he never sings like this again makes this track a lost Stones gem. A+

Track 03: Edward's Thrump Up
    "You're on, Nicky, this is your big chance" says Ian Stewart at the start of this, and Hopkins takes it farther than anyone in the studio would have dreamed. If "Boudoir Stomp" was a song for cruising, this one is for high-speed chases, should one ever happen to you. With the urgent jazz of his piano and Cooder's funky, thumping licks, "Edward's Thrump Up" musically forces one to dance. Jagger puffs at his harmonica appropriately, while Watts and Cooder set the stage for what is the album's greatest jam with Edward, or in other words, the album's best song. A+

Track 04: Blow With Ry
    A sexy R&B song that is kind of tarnished by Jagger's voice, but not his lyrics, at least what I could make of them. One clever line was "I went to the graveyard and I looked at my woman's face/ I said I love you honey, but I sure can't take your place". "Blow With Ry" does show off Cooder's slide guitar skills, about three minutes in to the song, and takes the song in to classic territory. Keep the instrumental, and you have a beat Aretha Franklin could sing over, as Cooder plays the enticing "Baby I Love You" toned guitar that suggests that this is not a song so slow one couldn't dance to it, even if the song's improvised lyrics are about death, which could be relating to Brian Jones', or it could be paying homage to Robert Johnson's depressing tales. A

Track 05: Interlude A La El Hopo
    What the hell...

Track 05:Highland Fling
    Starting out as a classical symphony, "Highland Fling" emerges as essentially a jam between Bill Wyman and Cooder, who make this almost surf instrumental, yet it falls in the category of experimental for the Stones. The fact the Stones could jam with classical music shows potential, and recalls a little of "Between The Buttons" or "Their Satanic Majesties Request", yet this song is too weird and short for my taste, and too much the same as "Edward's Thrump Up". B

Where the hell is Keith, indeed.

eLink:

Última edición por virgi; 18/09/2012 a las 22:20

Usuario

Predeterminado

uh loco como venimos con los stones alucinante fiera una joya muchas gracias !!!!

aguanten los stones !!!

Usuario Avatar de Maxxx669

Predeterminado

Impecable lo suyo pasncho 1111 m muchas gracias